Thursday 18 April 2013

Return of the Witch

Wow, 2011... Time certainly flies.  Here I am again and gonna try to give this blog another go!

As quickly as the time has passed, much has happened to this little Kitchen Witch, including my very recent relocation to Brooklyn, from my island home of Barbados.  So why leave sunshine and sandals for the land where it's felt like spring would never come??? Well, love tends to sneak up on you when you least expect it.  Mr. Right, as it turns out, is a rather charming Aussie who teases me relentlessly, shares my love of food (and cocktails of course!) and has somehow decided he can't be without me, my flaws, or my cooking :). It also happens that he lives in my all time favorite city, full of incredible food and culture.  A city where u can eat at a different place every day for a year and still not scratch the surface of its culinary offerings... How lucky can one island girl get?  

So here I am, about to write a new chapter in my life with an amazing man in an amazing city.  My plan regarding my posts is to document my culinary adventures in New York, gathering inspiration from everything the city has to offer.  As the saying goes, "the world is my oyster" and I plan on eating that oyster with a little mignonette sauce ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love NYC and all it has to offer! Welcome back to the world of blogging. Enjoy yourself, eat everything and share, share, share!

    ReplyDelete